I was contacted by Emily from Woodruff Sweitzer about reviewing a DVD on Zinpro Performance Minerals. I love learning all I can about the care of my horses and thought this would be great for me, as well as for all of you.
I found this DVD to be very informative about equine nutrition basics~ from water, feed, protein, vitamins and minerals. The DVD tells you about 4-Plex EQ, what it is and FAQ's. It gives you a closer look at trace minerals, forage/digestive system, hoof function, immune system, breeding and growth and understanding the components of a feed tag plus much, much more. The chart format that is used made it easy to understand and you could stop on the charts and "study". There is also a very handy "next" button to read at your own pace, as well as commentary. It has a great menu and a very useful tool to be able to go back and re-read whatever section you want to.
I am the kind of person that likes to soak up everything I can, especially when it comes to horses, and the format of this DVD made it easy for me to understand and follow along with. I enjoyed it and I would love to share some copies with all of you! I have 4 DVD's to give away, so all you have to do is comment on this post to be entered. I will enter all of your names in a drawing to be held when I get back from my next horse show, which will be approximately June 28th. I would like to thank Emily for giving me the opportunity to review the DVD, as well as supplying the copies for me to give away to my loyal readers!


17 comments:
Sounds like a very informative dvd that I could certainly use.
Fingers crossed!!
Looks like a good one - put my name in the hat.... if I am lucky I will watch it and then pass it on to my sister....
Do you still have your own copy? Then I can borrow it and not have to enter! :-) The perks of being Paint Girl's sis, right??
Sounds like an interesting DVD.
And it's always fun to have 4 things to give away!!
Good luck at the next show!
xo/PONY GIRL
i want one! i cannot get enough nutrition info. i'm not much of a trainer so i'm motivated to be good at understanding nutrition!
Sounds pretty interesting :)
oh I hope, I hope, I hope I win!!! My gelding is appropriately named 'Romeo' and he is 25. I would be great to learn to feed him properly to make the last part of his life as comfortable and healthy as possible. Thank you for such a generous giveaway.
Sounds interesting! I love learning anything equine related!
More nutrition information! I can never have too much of that. :)
That sounds interesting, I always like to know different things on nutrition for different horses so should be a good one.
Now I feel bad...Emily sent me a DVD to review as well (so don't enter me in the drawing)...and I haven't gotten around to watching it.
I most definitely will now.
How cool that you have another fun giveaway! You must have some very cool connections! My horse only eats hay and grass, but I am always open to learning more about what will be good for her. Can't wait for you to come back from your horse show! (I am wondering Paint Girl, since you like sports, if you watched the US Open this weekend?)
Sign me up! Can never learn too much about equine nutrition!
There's is so much to know about feed. Sounds like a very useful tool so count me in.....and hope you have a good time at the show.
Sign me up. I enjoy your blog but I don't think I have ever commented here before. I tend to be a "lurker".
What a great giveaway. I haven't visited your blog in a while, so much has changed!
I am absolutely in the dark about equine nutrition. I feed our mares two flakes of hay each twice a day, and 2 and a half scoops of sweet feed twice a day. They seem healthy....but, they are getting older, and I have no idea if what I am doing is really good for them...
Sounds like an interesting DVD. My mare is an air fern and can get fat just thinking about food. Still it would be great to learn about how to feed her improved nutrition, without giving her the extra calories.
Hope your horse shows are going well and you're finding time to rest and take good care of yourself, too.
~Lisa
Post a Comment