I have had 3 chiropractor appointments this week. I had a really bad pain day on Tuesday. That was the day after my first appointment and my whole back was killing me, way more then normal. My second Chiro appointment was on Wednesday, and my Chiropractor adjusted me a little differently hoping to ease the pain for the next day. My mid back was way better, but my lower back was killing me again! It didn't help that we had a photo shoot with our month old foals and that required a lot of running, which I don't do much of anyways because of my bad knees. Running around seemed to really aggravate my lower back to the point I could barely walk. I had another Chiro appointment tonight (Friday) and I had to see a different Chiropractor, mine was off for the day. I do have to say, I like my Chiropractor a lot better then the one I had to see tonight. I won't be able to go again until I get back from the horse show. I am hoping I won't get that serious pain while I am gone. Being at this show will be the first real test on how the Chiro appointments are working, since my back hurts worse at horse shows, for some reason.
I do have to say that I will sure miss my adorable Mustang while I am gone!! She loves to play with her bucket, she'll pick it up and push it into the gate and hold it there.

Of course I'll miss my other horses, dogs and cats too!! Oh, and I will also miss my OH, but I am used to not seeing him now! Hopefully my OH will text me pictures of the animals like he did when I was in Scottsdale. I feel like I am going away for a month again, but I just have to remember it's only a week now!

When I get back, if my back is doing better, I need to get out a few days a week and get some more training done with that Mustang. I have to start trailer training and also get her out for more walks! Trailer training should be interesting, but I am really looking forward to it.
Hope you all have a wonderful week, and hoping you all get sunny skies!!


27 comments:
Hope you get to absorb some nice warm sunshine while you are away .I am sure you are missed as well when you are gone . Good luck, stay safe and EAT!
Hey, it was sunny and warm at home TODAY...of course, they're predicting showers again tomorrow ;-( But at least I got to ride a couple of hours in sunshine this evening---I hope you bring all the warm sunshine home with you!!!
Have a great trip.
Have a fun time and a safe trip! Chance is just so beautiful! HUGS!!!
Grr, hope you get the back issue figured out! Can they do an MRI or something to see what is going on?
Chance looks different everytime I see a new pic. She is not a baby anymore.:( Totally losing that baby look and fuzz. I mean, look at that pic of her on your sidebar! They grow up so fast.
Nevada, Arizona, Cali ??? LOL
You have to go south to get out of the rain!
Chance sure is getting pretty! I love that last pic of her!
Pony Girl~ Most of the pain I am having now is related to the adjustments I am getting. The day after the adjustments, I am in severe pain, then the third day, I feel pretty darn good, but then I have another appt on that third day, so I am not getting any relief for more then one day. Since I won't be able to get any adjustments next week, we will see how my back handles the horse show life. If I can go through a few days without any serious pain, then the Chiro work is working, if I am in serious pain after a few days, something else needs to be done! I have a lot of muscle tightness issues going on too, which doesn't help matters any. I'll keep you updated while I am at the horse show.
Reddunappy~ I wish I was going to Nevada, Cali or Arizona, but not to be this time!! I am going south east, but not that far south!
Paint, she's turning into such a lovely girl. But we knew she would, didn't we? I want to come see her!
BTW, the transport we used for Red was Hubbard. Only 3 horses in the trailer, and he'd just come down from BC. No Arabs on board ;)
Hope you have fun at your show! Sun is shining on us here in the great northwet!
I hope your back gets better, maybe being in the sunshine will help! :-)
WOW....that little Chance is turning into one beautiful horse! Growing up and filling out, gorgeous!
Have fun at your show.
Babies are easy to trailer train. Ours get their first trailer ride at a few weeks old with mum.
Sorry to hear about your back pain! That is no fun at all... Hopefully the chiro will help enough so that you aren't in pain at the show.
I hope you and your OH get a day together soon!
I hope you have a wonderful time at the horse show! Ahhh - I know that sun will feel awesome!
These thunderstorms and rainy weekends really have got to stop, I tell ya'!
Chance is so cute with her bucket!
She has been trailer loaded already right? When you bought her? She should do fine. I hired a trainer to help me with my stubborn gal- she takes after her mother about trailers- won't have anything to do with them.
It doesn't surprise me your back hurts more at horse shows. All that time sanding and polishing feet is tough on a body.
Hope the show goes well for you and your back pain is minimal. Looking forward to news on the show and the new facility.
can't believe I'm not going to this show!!!
Tracey~ You are more than welcome to come see my little girl, anytime!! She just gets cuter everyday!
Fantastyk Voyager~ Chance has been in a trailer a few times before I got her, then when I went to pick her up to bring her home it took about an hour to get her in the trailer. I don't think trailer training will be a big problem. She seems to pick everything up very quickly, except for clippers and mud puddles!
Have fun at the show and hope your back is feeling better.
Im so sorry your back is so sore these days. Hope that eases up soon. I love Chances looks! She is sooo pretty. Have fun at the shows and remember to eat! LOL
How ironic that you are thrilled to go somewhere where it's sunny and dry and I am desperate for some rain! It's not rained here since last summer!
It looks so green and lush where you are, while here everything is dry and dusty.
I sure hope your back feel better soon. I've been having lower back and hip pain, probably due to a pinched nerve. It's no fun and really slows you down when you're dealing with pain every day.
I hope you're able to get out and spend some time with Chance soon. She's growing so fast!
~Lisa
I have never been to a chiropractor before but I know people really swear by them. I am glad yous is able to help you at least a little bit. Don't you wish you had magical fairy dust that you could sprinkle over your back when it is hurting you? A painful back does not seem like a welcome occurence in a job like yours! Of course, sitting in meetings and at a desk most of the day is not any better! BLECH! I can't wait for you to get back and tell us more stories about your little mare-in-training!
OH I hope you get some beautiful weather while your there!! It stinks to have constant rain which = mud!! I hope you have a nice relaxing show this time!....
And I do hope your back gets to feeling better!! That is no way to live!
Have fun at the Arab show!!! Wish I was coming/going too...
Enjoy the heat, because it is just terrible here right now. I just got back from four days in Ellensburg, and it wasn't even that nice over there. : (
I hope you are having a good time at the Arab show, and I hope it is warm and dry! Chance is just too beautiful! Growing really fast, too! As far as your back, have you ever considered seeing a spine specialist??? It sounds like you have a pretty serious problem, and with your life being so hectic and your work so physical, you may need a specialist.....
Hope your show went well and your back too! I know how painful that can be. Your getting to sound like a trainer with all your injuries and horse inflicted ouches! LOL!
Talk to ya when you are back!
Hi Paint Girl! My name is Terri Baker, blog Mystic Equus. New to blogging, long time writer and animal lover.
Love your blog! Look forward to connecting to other horse people.
Having said that, I am in the middle of a story that is not horse related. (?) While horses are a large part of my life, my interests are varied.
Stop by sometime and see me. Hope you have a wonderful trip!
mysticequus.blogspot.com
Hey! Did the sun show up yet?
hey paint girl, hope your back improves. muscles tightness was the issue for me along with an old stress fracture that showed up on the radiographs. the tight muscles can easily pull the spine out of alignment. you might want to google 'thumper' massager. it is unlike the other cheap imitations and a few pro massueses use it. i get so much relief and everyone ooohs and ahhh when i put it on their back especially the farriers who are always bending over. i use it on my horses too and it helps tremendously! try some stretching too. several times a day. so sorry you have to go through this pain...take care and tell your sis and mom hey! hope they are doing well with their shop!
I had totally forgotten what a miserable spring it was until I started reading through your posts from back then. I was totally there with ya on being SO excited to get out of town to some where sunny around this time! We had a show in Moses Lake in June and the forecast was sun and upper 70's. I was freaking ecstatic! It was warm for one day and then rained the whole rest of the time we were there. I felt totally betrayed. lol
And yes, I am THAT BIG of a slacker/super sucky blog buddy, that I'm that far behind on your posts. I really only read blogs at work (heh) and since yours has music I don't check it there. Still, I totally suck.
Post a Comment