

They knew immediately that I was close. One rabbit went on high alert, while the other one thought he could camoflauge right into the plants. The 3rd one, I have no idea what happened to him.

Oh shoot! He spotted me! There goes the little white cotton tail! The 2nd rabbit is still playing camo. He thinks he hasn't been spotted yet!

After hanging out with the rabbits, I went on a walk down to J and S's pond. Once I started taking pictures, I was pretty surprised by what I was taking. Remember, I am not a photographer. I just like to take pictures, of anything and everything. What we are seeing here, is my neighbors house, upside down. It is the reflection of their house in their pond. I thought this was pretty cool.

After I noticed the upside down reflection, I thought I would take a picture of their real house and the reflection of the house in the pond. I just love the reflection of the trees in the water!

Ok, one more pond picture. Here is the shop. Same thing! Got the great reflection of the shop in the pond!

Since I was done taking pictures of reflections in the pond, I decided to head back to the firepit, where my OH and J were probably laughing at me. Yeah, so I like to take silly pictures guys!

I make it back to the firepit. Hey guys! Are you too busy drinkin'? Do you not notice that the fire is almost out? Do I have to take care of everything? I only left for a half hour!

See, Dax and Elvis agree! You guys should have taken care of that fire! All of our dogs get along really well and get to play quite often. It is so funny to watch all 4 of them running around.

When we headed back to our house, we decided to go say goodnight to our animal family, which we do often. My OH is getting a hug from his beloved Fritzy. Before you know it...........

We almost have a family picture! We are only missing one goat and a dog, oh, and me!

We also know the 2 neighbors across the street. They are really good friends with my OH's mom and stepdad, so we all get together for dinner every now and then. One of them let us use their bulldozer when we were clearing for my arena.
Our neighbors watch out for us and we watch out for them. I couldn't be any luckier!


16 comments:
True enough , most of my neighbors are great , a good neighbor is worth thier weight in gold!
Great photos!
We have good neighbors mostly. Theres one bad egg in there. A lady who abuses her children on a regular basis. She somehow keeps evading children's aid. The police are called on them quite often it's so sad to listen to them at night in the summer when you have your windows open.
that is wonderful for you...my new neighbor has decided to be difficult. she was going to fence some of my property in with hers. she knew the border lines and has the brand new survey and her'friend' as she calls him is hateful...she does anything he says...so with her new attitude, i declined permission to tie in with my border fencing. they had pet rabbits and killed them to eat them for a meal last year...lovely people, huh?
I don't really ever see my neighbors, which is too bad. It sure would be nice to have some neighbors like yours. I like your photos. Very artsy. I suppose next thing you'll be saying that you're not a writer either.
That is wonderful that you are good friends with your neighbors. We are getting new neighbors, they bought the lot next door and their house is built now so they are starting to move in. I hope they are nice!!! And I hope they don't mind our dogs, they like to bark A LOT! Love the pics with the reflections, the trees are really neat in the one, and the one of the shop is very cool, love the angles!
I enjoyed hearing about your great neighbors and the fun stuff you all do together.
I'm just really grateful that my neighbors mind their business. Everyone is polite and nice, but not overly friendly. I treasure my privacy at home and don't particularly like people just popping in whenever without calling first. My home is a place of peace and solace.
In our previous neighborhood, we had neighbors popping over almost every day to ask for things, like eggs, sugar, tools, etc. And then they wanted to gossip about other neighbors, which I dislike very much.
Several of our neighbors here have invited us over for parties and BBQs and we always have a great time, though.
I really liked that dog run/kennel your neighbors built. Very clever!
And your photosgraphs were a nice surprise. My favorite was the workshop because I really liked the sharp angle of the building reflected in the water. Well done!
And your OH hugging Fritzy..and then the goats. Too sweet! Those are some tall goats! Wow! Our Boer wether is going to be tall, too, I think. He's only a little over a year old now and he is a big boy. hehe! My hubby has a soft spot for him. :)
Brandy looks a little left out in all that lovin'. I bet she was hoping you'd join her for some attention and petting. (I bet you did, too! hehe)
~Lisa
Sounds like a good deal. I don't think I've ever had good neighbors beyond the lady who sold me two of my horses. The funny thing is that she admits she's nosy and says she's always looking out her window to check on me and my horses, but I don't mind because I know she is just looking out for our welfare. I admit that I keep and eye on her and her horses too. There have been a few times when her horses have gotten loose when she wasn't home, and I caught them and put them away for her. She used to invite me to her birthday parties, but her friends were so rude to me that I never had a good time. She runs with a pretty snobby crowd, though she is nice.
I liked all those reflection shots.
You are very lucky to have great neighbors. We have been lucky too in all the years we lived at different places. We have always love our neighbors!
What a fun post! I love all these pics! You're so right, it's so great to have awesome neighbors. We are so lucky...the way our house is situated, there's quite a distance between us and most of our neighbors, but we do have one house pretty close to us and out of all the people around us they are our very favorite. They are really great and we sometimes get together and BBQ too. Also, since I'm flyin' solo for so much of the summer, they invite me over for a burger, or sometimes even bring me dinner while I'm outside working...too sweet, right? We take care of eachother's animals, etc. It's awesome.
You took some great pics on your adventure! And I love the animal family one...isn't it so funny how they all vie for attention? It sounds like you guys have plenty of love to go around for all of them though! :)
I can't wait to have bonfires and parties with the neighbors this summer, after a long day of riding (well, we'll be riding, they'll be making potato salad and filling the cooler, LOL!
Hey, Your Majesty, love the pix - everything seems so serene. We have bunnies in our yard, too! At least i think that they are still there. Every once in a while we find half a bunny in Sinjin's yard - not a pretty sight. That's why we cant dress Gracie in a bunny suit for Easter and set her loose in Sinjin's yard to look for eggs.
Tell your mom that the only reason that her neighbors are nice to her now, is because her whole fam-damily lives within 2 blocks of her and will come down like a ton of bricks on anyone who hassles her.
love you - you're still my favorite!
Ha the bunnies are so cute!!! I love how the one tried to hide LOL!!! The reflection pictures are awesome!! I love reflection pictures, I am amazed that you can see the house and shed so clear they look like they are far from the pond!! You keep taking those pictures girl!! What do boys know anyways LOL!!
What a peaceful post! Summer picnics and bonfires are finally here! I love your reflection photos too!
Sheba is in love! She wants to tell you that Elvis is a very handsome boy and is wondering if he wants to be penpals with an RR girl in West Africa... :-D
We are lucky that we have good neighbors, too. It is so nice to be able to get together on occasion withink walking distance with folks you like! The reflection photos are very pretty...I also like the photo of your OH at the gate with the animals -- looks just like a photo that could be taken at my place! I would love to have someone get a picture of John and I with the horses, goats cats and chickens...that would be too cool!
Finally got a chance to make it over here! :) Great pictures! The boyfriend laughs at me a lot for taking pictures so I know how you feel!
That is great that you are so close with all of your neighbors! We've lived here a year now and I don't know any of mine. The boyfriend has met most of them and he tells me they are super nice. Not sure where I was while all of that was going on though! hehe
Love the almost family pic! It's so funny how once one animal is getting a little attention they all have to come see what the fuss is! :)
Post a Comment