
I bet you all think I am going crazy. I still have no idea what I am doing with the look of my blog! I thought for a week or so, that I would keep it simple, than I started looking at blog backgrounds again, oh my! I have another dilemma! I know, another dilemma! What is this girl to do? I love black, pink, gray and blue. Ok, so I know what colors I want. Now, how do I put it all together? I have no idea! I have never been so indecisive in my life! What is wrong with me? I see all of these cool backgrounds, and most seem just too busy with my header. But it could just be me! I don't know! I am not a very creative person. That would be my sis. I never got the creative gene that runs in the family! Although I do like the black, pink and white background I just recently put on here.
I could use a little help from all my blogger friends. What do you all think? Do you think I should keep it simple, or do you think I should go with a cute background? I am also very indecisive on my sidebar. I wanted to put all my animals into a slide show, but when I did that, the pictures were very small and you could barely see them. So, do any of you know how to get bigger pictures in a slide show? Or should I keep the animals the way they are? Remember, I am not the most computer literate girl! I really need some help with my indecisiveness!
I do want to thank all of you for sticking with me, during my times of change, which has been happening a lot these days! I will get it figured out, I swear! Ok, I won't really swear, but this will come together, and hopefully soon! You'd think with all this time I've had off, I could come up with a simple blog background! Yeah right!
I have been extremely busy still! No rest for this girl, no way, no how!! Tomorrow I will get a post done on what has been going on around here.


18 comments:
I think you should decorate and design your blog just the way you like it. It's fun to play with backgrounds. I've changed my template and can't do that now, but for a long time I was changing my backgrounds once a week. lol! We girls are allowed to change our minds as often as we like, right?
Our blogs are like our home space or like a part of our selves and it's fun to redecorate or change 'clothes' sometimes.....get dressed up...or down.
Whatever suits your fancy.
I know whatever you do over here, we'll all be happy to stop by and visit you and all your lovely critters :)
~Lisa
I love your header. Keep it and change out the background every so often. Change is good. I don't ever change mine because 1. I don't know how without losing everything and 2. all those frills just don't seem to go with my farm stuff.
I love black and pink too...... with the pink text is a nice touch.
If you really want to get clever and confused you can add 3 columns....
Looks good with the black white and "pink" haltered mare....
One comment on the knot on your rope halter, I'm afraid that the knot in the pic may not be as good as the one I'll suggest. If she should pull it could become impossible to loosen.
Holding the loop of the halter pass the tail (poll piece) down thru the loop, pass the end of the tail behind the loop (right to left)and between the tail and loop (left to right). The tie should be below the fold of the loop and the tail should point toward the rear of the horse.
I have a pic if you want, or just google it.
If you know that version, excuse my explanation.
I've had to cut off halters from horses after they were tied incorrectly.... such a waste of a halter.
Love the pink.
the black and pink is unique! maybe just that cute pic of your baby in his pink halter and pink lettering? all of my sidebar photos are linked with shutterfly but my pics are not that large either...good luck and have fun!
Cowgirl Rae~ Thanks for the advice on tying the rope halter, I believe that is how it is tied, but since the crown piece is very long on this halter, I have to double it. I also never tie my horses in a rope halter, actually half the time I don't even tie them! My Arab Brandy, pulls back a lot, so I have to be very careful.
Thanks for stopping by!!
Personally, I'm a fan of simple. I love, love, love your header and it doesn't stand out quite as much with this background. It is a very cute background though. I do love me some pink!
I have to agree with Laughing Orca that it is supposed to be a reflection of you, so definately do what ever blows your skirt up! Nothing wrong with changing it up!
I struggle with the look/theme/colors/design of my blog all of the time too. Don't you wish we could pick something and just stay with it??? LOL!!!!
If you are like me, you will find that you tire of the current "look" every now and then, and so you may have an ever-changing blog. Oh well...what's a girl to do? :)
It looks like you have been very busy lately, and have been making the most out of your time off. Glad to see that you are enjoying it.
( have decided as I read through the blogs follow...the ones with simple lay outs are the easiest to navigate and feel safest for me to try and read the side bars. get to fancy and I am way out of there!!!!
I love the header Paint Girl! I don't mind the background. I think you need to dowhat your like. I am getting ready to change mine, but need the loveleigh miss sares to help me!!!
It's your space - do what makes you feel good on that day - then, change it if the mood hits you. Your header is superb so keep that and change around your backgrounds until you know it is right - or change it everyday! Just have fun with it!
I went through this a lot in my first year. Now I just leave it simple boring white and change my header. I need to do some updates to the sidebars! Hopefully, after next weekend, I will have more time to get back into blogging! :) Have fun playing around! Maybe Sares will have some creative ideas for you!?
My husband says the reason we girls have such clean minds, is because we change them so often!
I think you change it when you want.. I like the Pink and Black, but if you change it again.. I know I will like it!
Hay Paint Girl! I like the new background, it has some spice to it. I think the pictures do stand out more with the gray background. But change it as often as you want to. I've changed mine 4 times in 5 months. I plan to change it again in July, and next week briefly for my party(if I can figure it out, it's a weird code system). I have seen some I thought would look good with your header, I'll email them to you and you can just junk them if they are not to your taste. I can also tell you how to see what it would look like together before you actually change it if you'd like. Have a great Sunday and I'll email you soon!
Who says you HAVE to decide? Pick what you like for now and change it whenever you want.
Although I do have to say I really like this black with pink thing you've got going on.
But that's part of the fun of a blog, you can redecorate whenever you want!!
I do agree with the fact that this is your blog!!! Do what you like!! But what I think your saying is your not sure what you like with the cool header?!?! It's hard to decide that, I love love the pink and black!! If you want to not take away from the header try a layout that allows for the header only at the top and then the allof the pretties down the side!! Good luck, I love seeing changes do change it as often as you like!!
I think you should do what you like. I stay with simple. I tend to post a lot of photos, and those backgrounds slow up the loading process. My main goals are readability and fast loading.
I don't think I'm ever a fan of light text on black. Just a personal thing that probably doesn't make any sense. (Harder to read for some reason.) That being said, I think the design is really pretty. The black and pink look good together and reflect your interests. I love how you have your animals on the side, and I think they look plenty big.
I just asked my husband for his opinion. He thinks the header with background is too busy.
I love the header and your side pics. I don't care for a black background nor a busy background. That that is just me. I like things simple.
Post a Comment